Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pocket Style Scrapbooking

People, I am seriously into documenting my photos these days with some pizazz!

Last year I discovered pocket style scrapbooking. Can I call it pocket style photo journaling? I also discovered Project Life. These people at Project Life have come up with 3x4 and 4x6 cards (and so much more) to slip into photo albums to add some life to it, and to write on. This way you can journal about your photos. Here is an example:


In 2014, I did 3 mini albums, documenting B's first 3 years:


But for 2015, I decided to go bigger. I was frustrated with not being able to fit in more artwork and more journaling cards along with the 9,934 pictures I have of B. The mini album has a set number of inserts (it can hold 160 pics or cards).

Here is the title page of my 12x12 album:


Notice the binder system!! Yeehaw, I can put all sorts of things in this baby. The card in the upper right hand corner is from a Project Life kit. But don't ask me which one because I currently have 2 core kits (Midnight and Honey), 3 mini kits (Plus One, Baby Boy Edition, and Wellington Child Edition) and 2 theme kits (Boy edition and Man's World edition).

So, since I am home recovering from chemo every other week (it gets worse, not easier), I have 3 projects planned:


  • a 2015 document album (the one above)
  • a 12x12 album (like the one above) to share my photos and experiences living in Alaska for a year!! 
  • another mini album dedicated to just one day, October 11th, 2014. I hired a photographer to take pictures of B and I at a pumpkin patch. 2 days later I found out I have stage 4 cancer. It will be a challenge fitting so few pics in 40 pages . . . but I intend to write a lot of letters to B in there.
PLUS!!

I love the 1000s of cards Project Life (and others) have produced, but the artist in me also likes to do my own thing. So, I have been hoarding scrapbook paper for years, and now I get to cut them up and use as filer cards. I even added stickers to some:




And I spent some time today cutting thick water color paper into 3x4 and 4x6 cards. Right now they are totally blank, but my aunt, who is an amazing artist, and I might dabble in painting our own little designs. 

And, so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you're thinking!