Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hike 5 - Alaskan Autumn

I am writing 10 posts about my 10 favorite hikes, here is more information.

Trail: South Fork
Ranking: number 5
Where: Eagle River, Alaska
When: September 2008
Cost: None that I recall
Who: The Anchorage Hikers Meetup Group


Note: I am hooked to the chemo pump, which leaves me spacey, sleepy, thirsty and irritable. So I am going to keep the writing short and let the pictures do the talking. I had been living in Anchorage, Alaska for about a month and I had been out exploring every chance I got. However, I had yet to really be out exploring. I had joined the meetup group online, but I felt very intimidated by their skill level.  Then an event was posted for all skill levels, along a trail in which one could turn around whenever they pleased. A LOT of people signed up. The day turned out beautiful, so A LOT of people showed up. I can’t remember where we parked, but there was car pooling to the trail head. I generally stayed with a group of older ladies as we hiked up, and then turned around after 5 or 6 miles with a guy and girl who seemed to had just met, as he was flirting with her and she seemed barely into him, ha! Hiking with strangers was odd, but it was worth it - I experienced an amazing fall hike in Alaska!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to know what you're thinking!