Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's September!


Today, I got in my car to drive to the mountains for two purposes: to relax and to take pictures. I love the Blue Ridge Parkway, and usually it loves me back.

 I was 15 minutes away from my home when the skies turned black and the warnings started to come over the radio. I wasn't in the mood for hours of torrential rain, so I turned around and just made it home before we got hit. So here is a picture of a rainbow instead over some very non-mountainous terrain - the Walgreen parking lot.

Since I was unsuccessful in trip number 6 to the mountains for the summer, I will try again in October. I have all sorts of crazy things going on before that: i am hosting a baby shower, I am a bridesmaid in a wedding, I have an out of town family reunion, and I have 20 talkative students and one ornery toddler.  Did I mention I am a single mother? September, I will conquer you!

See you in October. Or late September.

1 comment:

  1. Happy September Karen! Weather in the South has been a washout for the most part of it. Thunder and rain here in Georgia as I write this. I should have spent the summer in AK, apparently they had abundant sunshine and beautiful days! I do, however; welcome Fall with great joy!! Hope you find bits to enjoy around your very full schedule!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you're thinking!