Sunday, June 14, 2015

B's First Fishing Trip

It has been almost 2 weeks since I posted last. While most teachers are celebrating their end of year celebrations, I have been quiet, hanging back. I have been very sleepy lately, but these past 2-3 days have been an improvement . . . as long as I am inside.

I am finding the heat to be too much. However, I slipped out today to accompany my brother on a fishing trip! (And paid the price in vomit the second I got home).

B's first time fishing!

Watching the "barber" being added.


Brycen is 3.5 this week. He is starting to learn patience, finally. But no patience in the world was going to give his thumbs the strength to cast that pole by himself. He also wanted nothing to do with the worm. He DID love reeling the line in, over and over and over. 


The first spot we went was in direct sunlight, and covered in creepy crawlies. I think we all had a bee/wasp hover near our ear the entire time. We tried to walk down to shade, but were attacked by moths. I do not like being attacked by moths, even if they don't bite. One pinch and one glance to my arm covered with FIVE moths, and I was out of there. 

So we drove down the road to this much shadier spot, and we were all happy. B even got to see a dude next to us catch an actual fish, which is good, because we didn't catch anything but sticks. Sticks that were probably already on the land anyway. 

I should have taken a picture of the fish. And the sign stating to NOT eat the fish caught in this lake. And the cooler they took the fish away in. I always think of 12 things I should have taken photos of after the fact!


"What does this do?"

"I saw Uncle J do this . . . "








B had a really, really good time so I am going to call it a success. We will go again. Maybe next time he will leave his line out in water longer than 23 seconds!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen, so good to hear from you! Glad the fishing trip was a success....sorry for your return home sickness. These shot's are priceless, but you know that. Lucky boy! Hope you're having the best day you can!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you're thinking!